POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview : Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview
From: Soren Andersen
Date: 21 Jul 2000 17:20:33
Message: <8F78B0EC4soren2000j@news.povray.org>
Sander <san### [at] stolscom> wrote in <MsgID-suppressed>:

>Thanks for the offer. Should I send you a copy of the e-mail dialogue, or
>would that be a breach of something? You could get an idea of how they react
>to my complaints, that way. I am *not* a programmer...

Since you asked ..

It would be a serious breach if you posted their replies publically without
getting prior consent from them. [Treating people as human beings with respect
is priority number one when you are trying to get someone to listen to you ..
and that --respect-- is what Netiquette is basically about. But see below.]

Copying the messages to one personal friend is another matter. Lawyers can
differ (and can go to h___). Common sense: send such communications only
privately to a person who shares your concerns about an issue; you've been
corresponding with a *company* (representatives thereof) in their official
capacity. This relaxes some of the stringency of ethical dictates concerning
priviledged communications IMO.

If a company representative is abusive to you, all bets are off -- post their
stuff to public fora freely. THAT's a public service.

  My humble opin,
     soren andersen

--
Using PNG-format images as Web BACKGROUNDs without
"breaking your Site" for silly older browsers: